NGC6960, The Veil Nebula, in the constellation Cygnus (The Swan)
UPDATE: DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER FORECASTS, THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO SATURDAY, AUGUST 27
- The Ring Nebula (M57) , a planetary nebula nearly 2300 light years from Earth.
- The Veil Nebula (NGC6960), a supernova remnant, approximately 1470 light years from Earth.
- The Dumbbell Nebula (M27), a planetary nebula, approximately 1360 light years from Earth.
- The North America Nebula (NGC7000), a very large emission nebula, approximately 1600 light years from Earth.
- Four planets are visible in the sky tonight. Don’t know which ones or how to find them? You will after tonight.
- One iridium flare will be visible at 21:17:23 (9:17:23 PM).
- Diane Knutsen will give a short talk at 8:00 PM about forming a local chapter of the International Dark Sky Association.
- Video: A video on nebulae will be shown at 8:15 PM (bring a chair!).