Click on the images to enlarge and for more detail.
|Become a Member||Donate to BHAS
Although located in Rapid City, SD, anyone with an interest in astronomy is welcome to join. Membership is $25/year for a family. Neither a telescope nor any prior knowledge of the night sky is required – only an interest in learning!
Benefits of becoming a member:
- Meet others in the Black Hills region who share the same interest in astronomy, including:
- Visual observing
- Astronomical imaging
- The Moon
- Black holes
- History of astronomy
- Private, members only observing at dark sites
- Access to BHAS 12″ and 16″ dobsonian telescopes
- Access to Hidden Valley Observatory (training and member approval required)
- Telescope: Meade 12″ LX200 ACF Ritchey-Chrétien
- Imaging Camera: ATIK 16200 cooled monochrome
- Guide Camera: ZWO ASI174MM cooled monochrome
- Help bring the wonders of the night sky to the community
Donations help BHAS continue its long tradition of promoting the science of astronomy and related disciplines to schools, universities, and the general public. As a volunteer organization, all donations go directly towards education, outreach and maintenance. Black Hills Astronomical Society is a 501(c)(3) organization, and all donations are tax deductible; a statement will be emailed to all donors, identifying their donation for tax purposes.